Lindsey Brooke is committed to safeguarding the privacy of personal data. This Privacy Notice outlines the collection, use and disclosure of personal data provided to the Lindsey Brooke by clients, faculty and staff, alumni, and other members of our community. This Notice also provides certain required information to persons located in the European Union, a European Economic Area member state, or Switzerland pursuant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). When you submit information to the Lindsey Brooke or use the Lindsey Brooke’s website or other services, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data as described in this Notice.
Lindsey Brooke Use of Information
The Lindsey Brooke collects and processes personal data (“Information”) from individuals only as necessary to exercise the Lindsey Brooke’s legitimate interests, functions and responsibilities as a private, non-profit institution of higher education. Information means any information which relates to or identifies you as an individual. The data being collected may also include Sensitive Information, which means data such as race, ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, health data, sexual orientation, and/or criminal convictions.
The Lindsey Brooke will only process your personal data for lawful purposes under the GDPR related to the Lindsey Brooke’s educational, charitable, and scientific purposes and arising from your relationship with the Lindsey Brooke as a prospective, current, or former client, faculty or staff member, employee, contractor, donor, supporter, research subject, visitor to the Lindsey Brooke or its website, or attendee at a Lindsey Brooke event. For example, the Lindsey Brooke collects and processes Information from individuals who are applicants for employment positions. The Lindsey Brooke also collects Information from clients: enroll and register individuals in the Lindsey Brooke; provide and administer housing; manage client accounts; administer grant, scholarship and financial aid programs; provide academic advising; develop and deliver education programs; track academic progress; provide client support services; comply with regulatory reporting, auditing and maintenance of accreditation; and other related Lindsey Brooke processes and functions. The Lindsey Brooke collects and processes Information from alumni in order to send correspondence for networking, job placement, continuing education, and fundraising. The Lindsey Brooke also uses Information to conduct general demographic and statistical research to improve Lindsey Brooke programs, identify appropriate support services or activities, provide reasonable accommodations, and enforce Lindsey Brooke policies or comply with applicable laws.
The Lindsey Brooke will ordinarily collect and process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or because the Lindsey Brooke has another legitimate interest in doing so. When the Lindsey Brooke cannot rely on either of these grounds, it will seek your consent before collecting and processing your data.
Any personal data provided to the Lindsey Brooke will be accessed by those who have a legitimate Lindsey Brooke-related business need to access it. Your personal data may also be shared by the Lindsey Brooke with third parties who have entered into contracts with the Lindsey Brooke to perform functions on behalf of the Lindsey Brooke, subject to the obligation of confidentiality and safeguarding from unauthorized disclosure.
Third Party Use of Sensitive Information
The Lindsey Brooke may disclose your Sensitive Information and other Information as follows:
- Consent: We may disclose your information if we have your consent to do so.
- Emergency Circumstances: We may share your information when it is necessary to protect your interests and you are physically or legally incapable of providing consent.
- Employment Necessity: We may share your information when necessary for administering employment or social security benefits in accordance with applicable law, subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- Public Information: We may share your information if you have manifestly made it public.
- Archiving: We may share your information for archival purposes in the public interest, and for historical research and statistical purposes.
- Performance of a Contract: We may share your information when necessary to administer a contract you have with the Lindsey Brooke.
- Legal Obligation: We may share your information when the disclosure is required or permitted by international, federal, and state laws and regulations.
- Service Providers: We use third parties who have entered into a contract with the Lindsey Brooke to support the administration of Lindsey Brooke operations and policies. In such cases, we share your Information with such third parties subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- Lindsey Brooke-Affiliated Programs: We may share your information with parties that are affiliated with the Lindsey Brooke for the purpose of contracting you about goods, services, charitable giving or experiences that may be of interest to you.
- De-Identified and Aggregate Information: We may use and disclose information de-identified or aggregate form without limitation.